We noticed that some of you are having trouble adjusting to our new menu boards. As much as we enjoy watching the confused looks on your faces, the changes really are intended to simplify the process. Only a couple of items are gone, some have moved and overall your choices have increased.
Many sandwiches have been consolidated to the “Build Your Own Sandwich Board”
Items like the Falafel Wrap, Tender Sandwich, Seitan Sandwich or Hummuswich are now found here and can be customized the way you want.
The Grilled Chicken Sandwich now comes with your choice of wing sauce.
No longer limited to just Buffalo or Honey Ginger sauce, you can now have Medium Rochester if you choose.
Salads have more choices than ever. Continue reading
Why spend 2 points or more every meal for your beverage? Our Mug Club is not only good for the environment, it’s good for your points balance.
If you go to either location 3 times a week, you will save over $75 this semester. Go 5 times a week and save over $140 this semester. Fewer than 80 mugs are available. Don’t wait!
Mug Club FAQ
What is it?
Purchase a reusable mug from either WesWings or Red & Black Café for free refills of soda and iced coffee every time you visit.
Can I use it at other campus locations?
Only WesWings and Red & Black Cafe.
How much is it? Continue reading
How can an entire breakfast in a Chinese food container go wrong? The breakfast pail was invented by student employees who needed a quick snack while they were working. Depending on how you’re ordering or eating, you may, in fact, be making a mistake. Here are five ideas to improve your pail experience
1. Not getting over easy eggs.
One key element is the runny yolk as it covers the other ingredients. While some of you may prefer your eggs scrambled, runny yolks make the pail.
2. Not ordering avocado.
We bring in hundreds of fresh avocados every day. You don’t have to skip bacon or sausage, just make sure you add avocado. After all what’s a couple of points when it comes to pail perfection? (note: avocado goes better with scrambled eggs)
3. Adding Hollandaise sauce.
Check the specials board for the Eggs Benny. Whatever Hollandaise sauce is being used for that is usually available for a pail. Like the over easy egg, this stuff MAKES the pail.
this or our hot Franks wing sauce
5. Not mixing from the bottom.
A pail is meant to be mixed. As Bob Marley sang, “Stir it Up” Eating from the bottom is the best way to get a little bit of every layer in every bite.
We know your pail is personal. Everyone has their own way. Tell us what’s in your pail @weswings
We are now carrying Udi’s gluten-free whole grain bread at WesWings. For an extra .75 cents, you can substitute Udi’s bread for any sandwich, burger, or grilled cheese.
Check Out how Friday night’s salad special was made.
You’ve heard about it. They have cookie dough. Maybe you even ate there during WesFest. But now you’re here, standing in line, with a crowd around you, and you hear one of the cashiers yell, “Can I help who’s next?”
WesWings can be a little daunting the first few times. Some will panic and just order a burger and fries or a chicken sandwich. Our menu is pretty extensive and the choices are vast.
- What kind of bread?
- Regular or spicy fries?
- What kind of sauce?
- Here or to go?
To list just a few of the questions you’ll be asked.
So here are a few ideas to help you get the most out of our little dining establishment.
- Water is free, cups are not. We charge 25 cents for a water cup so if you don’t want to buy a drink, bring your own mug. We do this to reduce waste, not make money.
- To Go containers are free. Our portions are big and delicious so why not bring it home.
What to order?
- Wings. After all it is in our name. Our wings arrive fresh and are pretty big. An order of 12 is good for one person. If you prefer boneless, we dip our chicken tenders in all of our sauces and are a popular choice. We have several temperatures of Buffalo including a ghost pepper sauce. If you’re looking for something different, try honey ginger. If you want something you can’t get anywhere else, try our Rochester sauce. Once you’ve had the medium Rochester, you’ll never go back to anything else.
- Tender Sandwich. You grew up on them and ours are pretty tasty. Order a sandwich in a wrap or on a grinder (that’s CT for hoagie, sub, torpedo, po boy) Fill it with any of our sandwich toppings and sauces. (bacon…avocado..buffalo sauce.. Medium Rochester yum) lots of choices, great sandwich. Two other great chicken tender menu items are the Kickin’ Chicken Club and the Chicken Parm Grinder
- Burgers and Chicken Sandwiches. Both are cooked fresh and have plenty of options. The Country Club is the most popular chicken sandwich and the BBQ Bacon Cheddar Burger is tops as well.
- But I’m a vegetarian. WesWings is the most, we repeat, the most vegetarian friendly chicken wing restaurant in the world! Veggie burgers are good, skip the herb mayo and cheese to make it vegan. We’ve been making falafel for over 20 years. We make it from scratch and offer it in a sandwich, on a salad or as a substitute on any of our daily specials. Seitan come from a local supplier called The Bridge. We lightly bread and fry it for sandwiches, salads or as veggie wings. We always have a marinated tofu (also from The Bridge) to put in a sandwich, salad or on one of our specials. Finally, our bagel melts, garden melts, veggie melts, hummus sandwiches and even a grilled cheese rounds out the many choices.
- Specials. Why we’re so popular and what will keep you coming back. At lunch, we will have 3-4 specials. From meatball grinders to fried clams to Philly steak sandwiches, they are always paired with sides to give you value and make it easy to decide when you don’t have a lot of time for lunch. At dinner, our salad specials are huge and often feature great toppings like fresh strawberries, goat cheese, candied nuts, crab cakes, fresh mozzarella and basil. We often make pasta from scratch and will feature penne vodka, homemade meatballs, and our very popular Eggplant Parmesan. What else do we make? Awesome pulled pork, Grilled Salmon, baby back ribs, risotto with shrimp, LOBSTER.
- Weekend Brunch. Come find out what’s in a breakfast pail. Try our eggs Benedict, omelets, smoked salmon, chunky monkey pancakes, french toast stuffed with plantains and of course free coffee.
This of course is just a brief overview. We hope others will add comments of their favorites, to give you menu ideas.
…next up a guide to the Red & Black Café