Curried Chicken Salad
– All white meat curried chicken salad with dried cranberries and lettuce in a tortilla wrap. Served with your choice of salad or fries. Or skip the bread and add to a garden salad.$11.95
Swiss Mushroom Burger
– Our 6 ounce hamburger/or veggie burger topped with sautéed mushrooms and Swiss cheese on a soft roll with spicy sriricha-ketchup. Served with your choice of soup, fries or side salad.$11.95
Spicy Tuna Wrap
– A tortilla wrap with tuna, spinach, bacon, Swiss, roasted red peppers and chipotle mayo. Comes with side of fries, soup or salad.$11.95
Cluck you B-L-T
– Breaded chicken cutlet on a brioche roll with bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo. Comes with soup, salad or fries.$11.95
Chicken Pomodoro over Pasta
– Breaded chicken cutlet with fresh mozzarella cheese, basil and tomatoes over penne. Comes with a side bread.$14.95
Coconut Shrimp Hawaiian Salad
– Coconut shrimp over crisp romaine lettuce and baby greens with fresh pineapple, spicy wasabi peas, candied walnuts, crunchy tortilla strips and mandarin oranges in an orange vinaigrette dressing.$14.95
Yesterday President Roth announced the location for the new bookstore on Main St. We want to let everyone know, the Red & Black Cafe is not moving and will remain where it is. We are in the early planning stages to reconfigure our space at 45 Broad St. and have quite a few exciting ideas, both in design and menu. We hope to make those announcements next semester as they become more clear.
April 29, 2016
On Friday at the Middlesex Chamber of Commerce breakfast meeting, President Roth announced plans to move Broad Street Books to Main St. We want to assure all of our customers and staff that The Red & Black Cafe will not be moving as part of that relocation. Earlier this week, we met with our official contacts at Wesleyan. The Red & Black Cafe has and will continue to be an integral part of campus dining. The cafe will remain at 45 Broad St. The university has not yet decided what will fill the space vacated by the bookstore. It may be used for academic or other student uses. The plan would be to divide the space to accommodate the new tenants.
We have also had preliminary discussions with Wesleyan regarding the new bookstore on Main St and may be involved in developing a cafe within the new store.
We have a long history owning and operating dining establishments at Wesleyan and downtown Middletown. WesWings is celebrating twenty-five years in business. The Red & Black Cafe is completing its thirteenth year. Twenty years ago, we opened and ran the successful Eleanor Rigby’s Gourmet Delicatessen & Cafe on Main St. We are looking forward to continuing our great partnership with Wesleyan and excited at the possible new opportunities as well.
-Karen & Ed
!!Grilled Cheese of The Day!!
– Manchego and swiss with ham on 7 Grain. comes with a cup of soup or a small deli salad.
12 Days til Break Chicken Panino!!!!
– Breaded Chicken Cutlet with Meunster Cheese spinach, carmelized onions and honey mustard- grilled on foccacia. served with chips
– Turkey with avocado, roasted red peppers and brie cheese grilled on 7 grain bread. Served with chips.
Grilled Chicken Quesadilla Or Plain Cheese Quesadilla
– Marinated chicken with peppers & onions, melted cheddar cheese in a grilled tortilla. Served with salsa and sour cream & avocado. $11.95 Or Plain cheese quesadilla for 10.95
Tri-colored Tortellini A la Vodka
– Tri- colored cheese filled tortellini in a creamy vodka sauce with bread.$13.95
Egg Salad Wrap
– Housemade egg salad in a wrap with lettuce. Comes with a side of fries or small salad or cup of soup.$11.95
– Our own house made breaded eggplant cutlets with marinara and mozzarella cheese with a side of pasta. Served with bread.$14.95
– Salad greens and arugula tossed with olives, crusty hosemade croutons, asparagus tips, roasted grape tomatoes, shaved parmesan cheese, cucumber, basil, tossed in a red wine vinaigrette. Seitan, falafel, grilled chicken, turkey breast or tofu available too. $14.95
Sausage & Pepper Grinder
– Sweet Italian sausage with peppers and onions & marinara in a grinder roll. Topped with melted provolone cheese and served with your choice of salad or fries.$11.95
– A burger or veggie burger with melted cheddar cheese and a spicy buffalo sauce served on a roll with our bleu cheese dressing and lettuce . Served with your choice of salad, soup, or fries.$11.95
– Clam strips in a soft roll with lettuce, tomato and a spicy chipotle mayo. Comes with a side of fries, small soup or small salad.$11.95
Linguini with White Clam Sauce
– Linguini tossed in a house made clam sauce. Comes with a side of bread.$14.95
Texas Caesar Salad
– Crisp romaine lettuce with grilled chicken, diced red pepper, corn, sun-dried tomatoes, grape tomatoes, house made croutons, parmesan cheese and Caesar dressing. Falafel, tofu and seitan available too.$14.95
Thanks to recent graduate Gabe Rosenberg pointing out this article from ExtraCrispy.com The folks at Extra Crispy were kind enough to include us in their list
40 of the Best College Breakfast Spots in America
First things first: YES WE TAKE POINTS. You can use your meal plan points all day, 7 days a week. Second, you can text your order in. 860-650-1214
Grilled panini, 3 or 4 soups a day, build your own grilled cheese. Bacon Egg and Cheese sandwiches ALL DAY. Lots of choices for food and even more to drink. First the food
Under Build Your Own Sandwich you can create just what you want. Try our famous Cranberry-Apple Tuna. We’ve also have
- Sliced turkey
- Home cooked roast beef,
- Baked ham
- House made Hummus
Plenty of bread options and spreads as well. Any sandwich can be grilled on the panini press.
Eggs Benedict with fresh Asparagus one of many Weekend Brunch specials
You’ve heard about it. They have cookie dough. Maybe you even ate there during WesFest. But now you’re here, standing in line, with a crowd around you, and you hear one of the cashiers yell, “Can I help who’s next?”
WesWings can be a little daunting the first few times. Some will panic and just order a burger and fries or a chicken sandwich. Our menu is pretty extensive and the choices are vast.
- What kind of bread?
- Regular or spicy fries?
- What kind of sauce?
- Here or to go?
To list just a few of the questions you’ll be asked.
So here are a few ideas to help you get the most out of our little dining establishment.
- Water is free, cups are not. We charge 25 cents for a water cup so if you don’t want to buy a drink, bring your own mug. We do this to reduce waste, not make money.
- To Go containers are free. Our portions are big and delicious so why not bring it home.
What to order?
Why spend 2 points or more every meal for your beverage? Our Mug Club is not only good for the environment, it’s good for your points balance.
If you go to either location 3 times a week, you will save over $120 this year. Go 5 times a week and save close to $200 this year.
Mug Club FAQ
What is it?
Purchase a reusable mug from either WesWings or Red & Black Café for free refills of soda and iced coffee every time you visit.
Can I use it at other campus locations?
Only WesWings and Red & Black Cafe.
How much is it? Continue reading