SUNDAY FIRST BRUNCH of the SEMESTER!!!
– A container layered with hash browns, shredded cheddar, 2 eggs (over-easy or scrambled.) and your choice of (sausage, bacon, or avocado) Add extra eggs for $1.25 point each.$11.95
French Toast with Nutella & Strawberries & Bananas
– Texas brioche toast topped with a nutella topping & fresh strawberries and bananas. Served with your choice of bacon, sausage or fruit.$13.95
– Two poached eggs served on toasted English muffins, Canadian bacon and Hollandaise sauce. Served with a side of home fries & fresh fruit. Substitute smoked salmon for 2 points.$12.95
Bacon Egg & Cheese (Hangover Special) or Double Egg, Bacon & Cheese!
– Our bacon, egg and cheese sandwich on a soft brioche roll & served with fries. Add additional eggs for only $ 1.25 each
Bagel N’ Lox Platter
– A toasted bagel with smoked salmon. Served with capers, cream cheese, red onion, chopped egg, sliced tomato and a side of fruit. Plain, Everything and Poppy bagels available.$11.95
– a 12 ounce cup of oatmeal with diced apple, cranberries and brown sugar.$3.95
– Field greens with either grilled chicken, seitan falafel or tofu, bruschetta toast, native tomato slices and fresh mozzarella cheese drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette. $14.95
First things first: YES WE TAKE POINTS. You can use your meal plan points all day, 7 days a week. Second, you can text your order in. 860-650-1214
Grilled panini, 3 or 4 soups a day, build your own grilled cheese. Bacon Egg and Cheese sandwiches ALL DAY. Lots of choices for food and even more to drink. First the food
Under Build Your Own Sandwich you can create just what you want. Try our famous Cranberry-Apple Tuna. We’ve also have
- Sliced turkey
- Home cooked roast beef,
- Baked ham
- House made Hummus
Plenty of bread options and spreads as well. Any sandwich can be grilled on the panini press.
Eggs Benedict with fresh Asparagus one of many Weekend Brunch specials
You’ve heard about it. They have cookie dough. Maybe you even ate there during WesFest. But now you’re here, standing in line, with a crowd around you, and you hear one of the cashiers yell, “Can I help who’s next?”
WesWings can be a little daunting the first few times. Some will panic and just order a burger and fries or a chicken sandwich. Our menu is pretty extensive and the choices are vast.
- What kind of bread?
- Regular or spicy fries?
- What kind of sauce?
- Here or to go?
To list just a few of the questions you’ll be asked.
So here are a few ideas to help you get the most out of our little dining establishment.
- Water is free, cups are not. We charge 25 cents for a water cup so if you don’t want to buy a drink, bring your own mug. We do this to reduce waste, not make money.
- To Go containers are free. Our portions are big and delicious so why not bring it home.
What to order?
Why spend 2 points or more every meal for your beverage? Our Mug Club is not only good for the environment, it’s good for your points balance.
If you go to either location 3 times a week, you will save over $160 this year. Go 5 times a week and save close to $300 this year.
Mug Club FAQ
What is it?
Purchase a reusable mug from either WesWings or Red & Black Café for free refills of soda and iced coffee every time you visit.
Can I use it at other campus locations?
Only WesWings and Red & Black Cafe.
How much is it? Continue reading
The Red & Black Cafe will re-open August 31st.
WesWings re-opens for dinner at 5pm September 3rd.
-Karen & Ed
You’re almost here! We know you have questions. “What’s a pail? Tell me about cookie dough.” Good news, we have answers. And we will be providing them over the upcoming weeks.
The most important thing you can do right now is connect with us.
Over the next few weeks we will provide you with answers like
- “Yes, we do take points. You can use your meal plan points at both WesWings and the Red & Black Cafe.”
- “The Red & Black Cafe is located in the back corner of Broad St. Books, the campus bookstore at 45 Broad St. Yes, you can use your meal plan points at the cafe.”
- “WesWings is located in the lower rear level at 156 High St. Yes, you can use your points there too”
- “Sorry, you can’t use your block meals. That’s why most students opt for the plan with the most points.”
- “Yes, it’s raw. Yes, you can eat it.”
- “Yes, were are hiring. Apply on our Website”
- “We recommend over easy, but a scrambled pail is good too.”
Don’t be shy. Feel free to contact us through any of our social media accounts. See you in September.
-Karen & Ed
Are you a hard worker and want to save up to 20% on your meal plan? WesWings and the Red & Black Cafe are hiring for the fall semester. Student employees start at $10.20/hr and receive a 20% discount from both locations. You don’t need experience, just a positive friendly attitude. These job openings don’t happen often. Many students keep their jobs their whole time at Wes.
Job Application Here
Curried Chicken Salad
– All white meat curried chicken salad with dried cranberries and lettuce in a tortilla wrap. Served with your choice of salad or fries. Or skip the bread and add to a garden salad.
– A breaded chicken cutlet topped with bacon, Swiss, tomato & chipotle mayo on a soft roll. Served with your choice of soup, salad or fries. $11.95
– A 6 ounce burger or veggie burger topped with melter cheddar cheese, salsa & fresh avocado on a brioche roll. Served with your choice of fries or small salad or cup of soup.
Onion Ring Burger
– A 6 ounce burger on a roll with melted cheddar, bacon, chipotle-bbq sauce and onion rings on top! Comes with your choice of fries, soup or salad. Veggie burger also available.$11.95
Spicy Turkey Wrap
– Our turkey breast wrapped in a tortilla with cheddar cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, bacon, avocado with a chipolte mayo. Served with your choice of salad or fries or small soup.$11.95
Egg Salad Wrap
– Housemade egg salad in a wrap with lettuce. Comes with a side of fries or small salad or cup of soup.$11.95
Tarragon Grape Chicken Salad
– All white meat chicken salad seasoned with seedless grapes and tarragon in a wrap. Served with your choice of fries, small salad or small soup. Or, add to a garden salad.$11.95
– Clam strips in a soft roll with lettuce, tomato and a spicy chipotle mayo. Comes with a side of fries, small soup or small salad.$11.95
– Crisp bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado and chipotle mayo in a wrap. Served with your choice of side salad or fries.$11.95
On Friday at the Middlesex Chamber of Commerce breakfast meeting, President Roth announced plans to move Broad Street Books to Main St. We want to assure all of our customers and staff that The Red & Black Cafe will not be moving as part of that relocation. Earlier this week, we met with our official contacts at Wesleyan. The Red & Black Cafe has and will continue to be an integral part of campus dining. The cafe will remain at 45 Broad St. The university has not yet decided what will fill the space vacated by the bookstore. It may be used for academic or other student uses. The plan would be to divide the space to accommodate the new tenants.
We have also had preliminary discussions with Wesleyan regarding the new bookstore on Main St and may be involved in developing a cafe within the new store.
We have a long history owning and operating dining establishments at Wesleyan and downtown Middletown. WesWings is celebrating twenty-five years in business. The Red & Black Cafe is completing its thirteenth year. Twenty years ago, we opened and ran the successful Eleanor Rigby’s Gourmet Delicatessen & Cafe on Main St. We are looking forward to continuing our great partnership with Wesleyan and excited at the possible new opportunities as well.
-Karen & Ed