!!Grilled Cheese of The Day!!
– Swiss and pastrami on 7 Grain. comes with a cup of soup or small deli salad.
– Fresh cooked pork roast, ham, Swiss and cheddar cheese and pickles grilled on a ciabatta roll. Served with chips.
Turkey Twist Panino
– Turkey, bacon, FRESH avocado & lettuce grilled on foccacia. comes with chips
– A 6 ounce burger or veggie burger topped with melted cheddar cheese, salsa & fresh avocado on a brioche roll. Served with your choice of fries or small salad or cup of soup.$11.95
Tarragon Grape Chicken Salad
– All white meat chicken salad seasoned with seedless grapes and tarragon in a wrap. Served with your choice of fries, small salad or small soup. Or, add to a garden salad.
Fresh Avocado Hummus Wrap
– Housemade hummus with fresh avocado in a wrap with assorted vegetables. Served with your choice of salad or fries.$11.95
– Egg-battered chicken breast with sliced mushrooms served with whipped potatoes and sautéed spinach.$14.95
Coconut Shrimp Hawaiian Salad
– Coconut shrimp over crisp romaine lettuce and baby greens with fresh pineapple, spicy wasabi peas, candied walnuts, crunchy tortilla strips and mandarin oranges in an orange vinaigrette dressing.$14.95
Manchego-Jalapeno Bacon- Burger
– A hamburger or veggie burger topped with spicy jalapeno bacon and melted manchego cheese with chipotle mayo on a roll. Comes with soup, salad or fries.$12.95
Egg Salad Wrap
– Housemade egg salad in a wrap with lettuce. Comes with a side of fries or small salad or cup of soup.$11.95
Curried Chicken Salad
– All white meat curried chicken salad with dried cranberries and lettuce in a tortilla wrap. Served with your choice of salad or fries. Or skip the bread and add to a garden salad.$11.95
CLUCK YOU with jalapeno Bacon
– A breaded chicken cutlet topped with jalapeno bacon, Swiss, tomato & pesto mayo on ciabatta. Served with your choice of soup, salad or fries. 12.95
Strawberry & Goat Cheese Salad
– Fresh salad greens with your choice of grilled chicken or seitan, tofu or falafel with sliced fresh strawberries, dried cranberries, candied walnuts, goat cheese with a house dressing. $14.95
– Marinated chicken breast with grilled peppers and onions. Served with soft flour tortillas and a side of beans, yellow rice & salsa.$14.95
Mamma Mia Meatball Grinder
– Home style meatballs in our own marinara sauce with melted provolone cheese in a soft grinder roll. Comes with fries or small salad or small soup.$11.95
Chicken Parmesan Panino
– A breaded chicken cutlet with marinara and provolone cheese on a ciabatta roll, then pressed.. Comes with fries, soup or salad.$11.95
Eggplant Parmesan Grinder
– Fried eggplant cutlets with homemade marinara and melted provolone cheese on a grinder roll. Comes with your choice of soup, salad or fries.$11.95
Bagel N’ Lox Platter
– A toasted bagel with smoked salmon. Served with capers, cream cheese, red onion, chopped egg, sliced tomato and a side of fruit. Plain, Everything and Poppy bagels available.$11.95
– Penne pasta with grilled chicken, artichokes, hot cherry peppers and diced tomatoes with garlic & oil sauce. Served with a side of bread.$14.95
– Crisp romaine lettuce with grilled chicken or fried seitan, falafel or tofu, Feta cheese, Kalamata olives, cucumbers, roasted red peppers, pepperoncini hot peppers, grape tomatoes tossed with a house made red wine vinaigrette!$14.95
Thanks to recent graduate Gabe Rosenberg pointing out this article from ExtraCrispy.com The folks at Extra Crispy were kind enough to include us in their list
40 of the Best College Breakfast Spots in America
First things first: YES WE TAKE POINTS. You can use your meal plan points all day, 7 days a week. Second, you can text your order in. 860-650-1214
Grilled panini, 3 or 4 soups a day, build your own grilled cheese. Bacon Egg and Cheese sandwiches ALL DAY. Lots of choices for food and even more to drink. First the food
Under Build Your Own Sandwich you can create just what you want. Try our famous Cranberry-Apple Tuna. We’ve also have
- Sliced turkey
- Home cooked roast beef,
- Baked ham
- House made Hummus
Plenty of bread options and spreads as well. Any sandwich can be grilled on the panini press.
Eggs Benedict with fresh Asparagus one of many Weekend Brunch specials
You’ve heard about it. They have cookie dough. Maybe you even ate there during WesFest. But now you’re here, standing in line, with a crowd around you, and you hear one of the cashiers yell, “Can I help who’s next?”
WesWings can be a little daunting the first few times. Some will panic and just order a burger and fries or a chicken sandwich. Our menu is pretty extensive and the choices are vast.
- What kind of bread?
- Regular or spicy fries?
- What kind of sauce?
- Here or to go?
To list just a few of the questions you’ll be asked.
So here are a few ideas to help you get the most out of our little dining establishment.
- Water is free, cups are not. We charge 25 cents for a water cup so if you don’t want to buy a drink, bring your own mug. We do this to reduce waste, not make money.
- To Go containers are free. Our portions are big and delicious so why not bring it home.
What to order?
Why spend 2 points or more every meal for your beverage? Our Mug Club is not only good for the environment, it’s good for your points balance.
If you go to either location 3 times a week, you will save over $120 this year. Go 5 times a week and save close to $200 this year.
Mug Club FAQ
What is it?
Purchase a reusable mug from either WesWings or Red & Black Café for free refills of soda and iced coffee every time you visit.
Can I use it at other campus locations?
Only WesWings and Red & Black Cafe.
How much is it? Continue reading
Yesterday President Roth announced the location for the new bookstore on Main St. We want to let everyone know, the Red & Black Cafe is not moving and will remain where it is. We are in the early planning stages to reconfigure our space at 45 Broad St. and have quite a few exciting ideas, both in design and menu. We hope to make those announcements next semester as they become more clear.
April 29, 2016
On Friday at the Middlesex Chamber of Commerce breakfast meeting, President Roth announced plans to move Broad Street Books to Main St. We want to assure all of our customers and staff that The Red & Black Cafe will not be moving as part of that relocation. Earlier this week, we met with our official contacts at Wesleyan. The Red & Black Cafe has and will continue to be an integral part of campus dining. The cafe will remain at 45 Broad St. The university has not yet decided what will fill the space vacated by the bookstore. It may be used for academic or other student uses. The plan would be to divide the space to accommodate the new tenants.
We have also had preliminary discussions with Wesleyan regarding the new bookstore on Main St and may be involved in developing a cafe within the new store.
We have a long history owning and operating dining establishments at Wesleyan and downtown Middletown. WesWings is celebrating twenty-five years in business. The Red & Black Cafe is completing its thirteenth year. Twenty years ago, we opened and ran the successful Eleanor Rigby’s Gourmet Delicatessen & Cafe on Main St. We are looking forward to continuing our great partnership with Wesleyan and excited at the possible new opportunities as well.
-Karen & Ed