Eggplant Parmesan Grinder
– Fried eggplant cutlets with homemade marinara and melted provolone cheese on a grinder roll. Comes with your choice of soup, salad or fries.$11.95
Curried Chicken Salad
– All white meat curried chicken salad with dried cranberries and lettuce in a tortilla wrap. Served with your choice of salad or fries. Or skip the bread and add to a garden salad.$11.95
Mighty Manchego Grilled Cheese
– Melted Spanish Manchego cheese, bacon, roasted tomatoes on grilled Texas toast. Served with your choice of small soup, salad or fries.$11.95
Grilled Salmon Soba Noodle Salad
– Chilled soba noodles topped with grilled salmon, baby spinach, wasabi peas, sliced red peppers, shredded carrots, sugar snap peas with a spicy peanut dressing.$16.95
– Fussilli pasta tossed with your choice of grilled chicken, seitan or falafel with roasted zucchini, squash, red peppers and broccoli in garlic and oil. Served with a side of bread.$14.95
BBQ’d Chicken Wrap
– BBQ’d chicken in a wrap with cheddar cheese & your choice of soup, salad or fries.$11.95
Swiss Mushroom Burger
– Our 6 ounce hamburger/or veggie burger topped with sautéed mushrooms and Swiss cheese on a soft roll with spicy sriricha-ketchup. Served with your choice of soup, fries or side salad.$11.95
“Cluck you” B-L-T
– Breaded chicken cutlet on a brioche roll with bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo. Comes with soup, salad or fries.$12.95
Egg Salad Wrap
– Housemade egg salad in a wrap with lettuce. Comes with a side of fries or small salad or cup of soup.$11.95
– Lightly breaded and fried chicken breast baked with our homemade marinara sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese. Served over penne pasta with a side of bread.$14.95
– Fresh field greens with grilled chicken or seitan, diced apples, goat cheese, house roasted butternut squash, dried cranberries and candied walnuts in a housemade balsamic dressing. Falafel, tofu, turkey available too. $14.95
Chicken & Soba Noodle Wrap
– Grilled chicken in a wrap with shreded carrots, red bell peppers, soba noddles, wasabi peas, and a spicy peanut sauce. Comes with soup, salad or fries.$11.95
– A classic grilled sandwich with house roasted pork, smoked ham, sliced pickles, Swiss cheese and mustard on ciabatta then pressed.12.95
Turkey Roll up
– Turkey & Manchego cheese with pesto mayo in a grilled flatbread tortilla with tomato. Served with a side of fries, soup or salad.$11.95
Bagel N’ Lox Platter
– A toasted bagel with smoked salmon. Served with capers, cream cheese, red onion, chopped egg, sliced tomato and a side of fruit. Plain, Everything and Poppy bagels available.$11.95
Shrimp Fra Diablo
– Fresh shrimp over linguini topped with a zesty housemade Fra Diablo marinara sauce. Served with a side of bread. $16.95
– Fresh field greens topped with either grilled chicken, seitan, tofu or falafel, a scoop of cous cous, feta cheese, hummus cup, Kalamata olives and served with a side of toasted pita wedges with a house made balsamic dressing.$14.95
Thanks to recent graduate Gabe Rosenberg pointing out this article from ExtraCrispy.com The folks at Extra Crispy were kind enough to include us in their list
40 of the Best College Breakfast Spots in America
First things first: YES WE TAKE POINTS. You can use your meal plan points all day, 7 days a week. Second, you can text your order in. 860-650-1214
Grilled panini, 3 or 4 soups a day, build your own grilled cheese. Bacon Egg and Cheese sandwiches ALL DAY. Lots of choices for food and even more to drink. First the food
Under Build Your Own Sandwich you can create just what you want. Try our famous Cranberry-Apple Tuna. We’ve also have
- Sliced turkey
- Home cooked roast beef,
- Baked ham
- House made Hummus
Plenty of bread options and spreads as well. Any sandwich can be grilled on the panini press.
Eggs Benedict with fresh Asparagus one of many Weekend Brunch specials
You’ve heard about it. They have cookie dough. Maybe you even ate there during WesFest. But now you’re here, standing in line, with a crowd around you, and you hear one of the cashiers yell, “Can I help who’s next?”
WesWings can be a little daunting the first few times. Some will panic and just order a burger and fries or a chicken sandwich. Our menu is pretty extensive and the choices are vast.
- What kind of bread?
- Regular or spicy fries?
- What kind of sauce?
- Here or to go?
To list just a few of the questions you’ll be asked.
So here are a few ideas to help you get the most out of our little dining establishment.
- Water is free, cups are not. We charge 25 cents for a water cup so if you don’t want to buy a drink, bring your own mug. We do this to reduce waste, not make money.
- To Go containers are free. Our portions are big and delicious so why not bring it home.
What to order?
Why spend 2 points or more every meal for your beverage? Our Mug Club is not only good for the environment, it’s good for your points balance.
If you go to either location 3 times a week, you will save over $120 this year. Go 5 times a week and save close to $200 this year.
Mug Club FAQ
What is it?
Purchase a reusable mug from either WesWings or Red & Black Café for free refills of soda and iced coffee every time you visit.
Can I use it at other campus locations?
Only WesWings and Red & Black Cafe.
How much is it? Continue reading
Yesterday President Roth announced the location for the new bookstore on Main St. We want to let everyone know, the Red & Black Cafe is not moving and will remain where it is. We are in the early planning stages to reconfigure our space at 45 Broad St. and have quite a few exciting ideas, both in design and menu. We hope to make those announcements next semester as they become more clear.
April 29, 2016
On Friday at the Middlesex Chamber of Commerce breakfast meeting, President Roth announced plans to move Broad Street Books to Main St. We want to assure all of our customers and staff that The Red & Black Cafe will not be moving as part of that relocation. Earlier this week, we met with our official contacts at Wesleyan. The Red & Black Cafe has and will continue to be an integral part of campus dining. The cafe will remain at 45 Broad St. The university has not yet decided what will fill the space vacated by the bookstore. It may be used for academic or other student uses. The plan would be to divide the space to accommodate the new tenants.
We have also had preliminary discussions with Wesleyan regarding the new bookstore on Main St and may be involved in developing a cafe within the new store.
We have a long history owning and operating dining establishments at Wesleyan and downtown Middletown. WesWings is celebrating twenty-five years in business. The Red & Black Cafe is completing its thirteenth year. Twenty years ago, we opened and ran the successful Eleanor Rigby’s Gourmet Delicatessen & Cafe on Main St. We are looking forward to continuing our great partnership with Wesleyan and excited at the possible new opportunities as well.
-Karen & Ed
We are excited to announce that we are in discussions to open a location on the lovely Canadian campus of McGill University. In recent months we’ve heard a lot of students and staff express interest in uh well moving to Canada. In response, we looked for a campus, north of the border that closely resembled Wesleyan. They have a red bird for a mascot, so it seemed to fit. At this point nothing is finalized. We will make our decision in November when, if we choose to move forward, we will sign a four-year term er rather contract beginning next January. We would then have an option for four more years. All of our staff and customers who want to relocate are welcome to join us.
A few changes for the new location: The Canadian bacon on our Country Club Chicken sandwich and the Eggs Benny will just be called bacon. Also the breakfast pail will have Poutine.
Finally, don’t forget to register and please vote!