The Red & Black Cafe is open with several changes.
- Hours of operation Everyday 9am-5pm
- There is no dining inside. We have sectioned off tables and chairs and ask that all orders be taken to go
- We encourage everyone to take advantage of our text ordering 860-650-1214
- Our self serve coffee has been removed and we will make all coffee orders including adding milk, cream etc
- No refills in your own mug. All mug club refills will be in single use paper cups
- If you are sick or feeling any symptoms we ask that you not come inside. We will provide alternative means to get you food. Text us your order and we’ll arrange for you to pick up in a more secure area.
- We will not be able to accommodate stocking up on large quantities. While we have a decent supply of drinks, we will limit people buying more than 6 bottled drinks.
- There will be no “burning your points” Typically at the end of the semester, we encourage people to use or lose their points, but not this week. We are focused on providing everyone their immediate dining needs and will not be selling extra items.
We will also not be accepting any points donations. We know many of you want to do what you can to help us and our staff during the next few months. As we have stated, we will be paying our non student staff at both Weswings and Red & Black regardless of whether we are open or not. We want to assure all of our customers and staff we are prepared to handle the next few months. We are making necessary moves to meet our immediate financial needs. Wesleyan is working to responsibly process refunds for room and board. While there have been occasions in the past for charitable points donations, what is needed now is a calm process. After the semester is over, we will be working with the administration to assess our needs. We will definitely be counting on our customers to help us when they return by dining with us as much as possible.
Please be patient with us, as this is a rapidly evolving situation. We will continue to keep everyone updated. We are committed to doing what we can to help the Wesleyan community (students faculty and staff) in a safe and responsible way.
-Karen & Ed