UPDATE SEPT. 16, 2020
Last night WesWings was informed that one of our employees received a positive test result. We have been consulting with the employee, Wesleyan’s health center and the Middletown dept. of health. It has been determined that the employee did not have any close contact with any other staff member. (Close contact is described as less than six feet for fifteen minutes or more.)The person is isolating and Wesleyan contact tracers have or will be notifying any people determined to have had close contact. Both locations are set up so that no employee will ever come in close contact with a customer. In addition, this morning we have completed an extensive deep cleaning of WesWings. All of our staff both student and non-student continue to receive tests twice a week. We are open and will provide any updates as needed.
(Both Wes Wings and Red & Black Cafe have implemented several changes to our operations due to Covid-19. We appreciate everyone’s understanding and help complying with our new procedures.
All employees both students and non students are currently being tested twice weekly as a part of Wesleyan’s testing program. Every staff member’s temperature is recorded at the start of their shift and shift logs are maintained for contact tracing. We have reduced staffing to allow for more spacing. The majority of our work stations maintain 6 foot distancing. All staff are required to wear masks while working. Social distancing guidelines will be followed during breaks. If any staff member tests positive, we will work closely with Wesleyan staff on tracing and consult with both the Davidson health center and Middletown health department to coordinate quarantining and possible closings. All information relating to positive cases, quarantines and closings will be made available on our website and social media accounts. We encourage everyone to follow us on social media for the latest information.
Both locations are currently takeout only. We have installed plexiglass barriers and extensive signage directing customers how to order, where to wait as well as entry and exits. Regular cleaning and sanitizing will take place on an ongoing schedule.
- Wes Wings now has two lines for ordering and getting food. There is our regular inside counter to order and pick up your food. You enter through the front door and follow the signs for where to wait while your food is being prepared. The line begins at the front door and extends around the sidewalk of 156 High St. After placing your order we ask that you wait inside our designated area. After your name is called, please exit out the door at the back of the dining room and follow the signs. Please do not exit until you have your food. Re-entry is only possible through the front door.
- Our second option is our new Patio Grill. Here you can order daily specials that enable you to quickly get food without ever having to enter the building. The line begins at the tent and extends down the front sidewalk and around the driveway of 156 High St. After getting your food please follow the signs for exiting the area.
- All registers have contactless payment. The inside registers take meal plan points, Middletown cash or credit cards (no cash). The patio grill is meal plan points or Middletown cash only.
- There is no inside dining but plenty of outside tables.
Red & Black Cafe
- Red & Black offers both inside ordering at the counter or Zingle text ordering. The line for inside extends out the front door and down the ramp at 45 Broad St. Zingle text orders 860-650-1214 are availble throughout the day. After placing your text order you will be given an approximate wait time. Please stay outside and wait until we have texted you that your order is ready to pick up. There is a Zingle waiting area to the right of the front door.
- After ordering inside or if you are picking up a Zingle order, the pick up area is to the left inside the cafe. We ask that you wait in designated areas until you are called to pick up your order.
- There is no inside dining but there are a few tables outside on Broad street.
- We are currently only open to members of the Wesleyan community participating in the testing program. If you have a larger order for an outside group, we will try to make accommodations with curbside pickup when available.
- ALL CUSTOMERS are expected to wear masks unless eating in a designated area. There is absolutely no dining inside.
- Restrooms at both locations are not open to customers.
- While many customers are allowed to congregate according to their housing situation (roommates, housemates) we ask that no more than 2 people wait on an outside 6′ spot and once inside there is only one person per waiting spot allowed.