|Date||Red & Black Café||WesWings|
|Tuesday 11/25||9am-5pm||Lunch 11-2 Dinner 5-8|
|Wed. 11/26-Sat. 11/29||Closed||Closed|
|Sun. 11/30||9am-5pm||Brunch 11-2 Dinner 5-8|
– A fluffy omelet filled with diced tomato, avocado, black beans and cheddar jack cheese. Served with a side of salsa, hash browns and toast.
Bird in a Basket
– Two eggs fried in hash brown “nest” and topped with a spicy Asian Sriracha sauce. Served with toast and your choice of bacon, sausage or fruit.
Fregadero de la Cocina
– A flour tortilla filled with scrambled eggs and your choice of omelet fillings Served with a side of salsa, guacamole, hash browns and choice of bacon or sausage.
– A fluffy omelet filled with diced avocado, sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese. Served with hash browns and toast.
– Our fluffy omelet filled with sweet basil, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese. Served with hash browns and toast.
Omelettes to Order
– Fluffy Omelettes -Choice of fillings served with home fries and toast.
– Two eggs (scrambled or fried), with your choice of sausage, bacon, or fruit. Served with a side of hash browns and toast.
Bagel & Lox
– Nova Scotia lox served on a toasted bagel with cream cheese.
The Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Pepper is now considered one of the hottest peppers in the world. Not wanting to miss out, we have created a new “Beyond Wings of Death” sauce that blends both the old champ, the Bhut Jolokia (Ghost pepper) with flakes of the Moruga scorpion pepper. While we aim for heat, we also demand flavor.
If you are someone who loves really really spicy food, give our new blend a try and tell us what you think.
Jeff Roberts was recently re-hired as our chef at WesWings. Jeff had worked for us back in the 90s, during the early years of our empire. For the past sixteen years he has amassed a great deal of experience and culinary knowledge that he now brings back to us. Most recently, he was working at the upscale Bin 300 in Wolcott, CT.
While we will maintain many of our old favorites, look for new specials this semester, as Jeff looks to expand and enhance our offerings.
We noticed that some of you are having trouble adjusting to our new menu boards. As much as we enjoy watching the confused looks on your faces, the changes really are intended to simplify the process. Only a couple of items are gone, some have moved and overall your choices have increased.
Many sandwiches have been consolidated to the “Build Your Own Sandwich Board”
The Grilled Chicken Sandwich now comes with your choice of wing sauce.
Salads have more choices than ever. Continue reading
For almost a decade beginning in 2005, we have been contributing 1% of our gross sales from the Red & Black Cafe to support financial aid. Our 1% For Aid campaign has now just reached over $48,000. These funds have been restricted to financial aid and since 2009 we have specifically directed these funds to the Johannah Justin Jinich ’10 scholarship, (a cause dear to our hearts).
As we begin our 12th year in business, we appreciate all the support we’ve received from students and will continue to support you.
-Karen & Ed
Once again we are excited to feature locally grown produce from Treat Farm in Orange, CT.
Just a 1/2 mile down the road from owner, Ed Thorndike ’89, we are able to get farm fresh tomatoes, Zephyr squash, sweet corn and other vegetables.
Look for these veggies on your sandwiches and in your specials at both WesWings and Red & Black Cafe.
Why spend 2 points or more every meal for your beverage? Our Mug Club is not only good for the environment, it’s good for your points balance. If you go to either location at least once every 10 days, then Mug Club is a no brainer. Regulars of both locations save hundreds of dollars during the school year. Only 250 mugs are available. Don’t wait!
Mug Club FAQ
What is it?
Purchase a reusable mug from either WesWings or Red & Black Café for free refills of soda and iced coffee every time you visit.
Can I use it at other campus locations?
Only WesWings and Red & Black Cafe.
How much is it? Continue reading