How can an entire breakfast in a Chinese food container go wrong? The breakfast pail was invented by student employees who needed a quick snack while they were working. Depending on how you’re ordering or eating, you may, in fact, be making a mistake.
1. Not getting over easy eggs.
One key element is the runny yolk as it covers the other ingredients. While some of you may prefer your eggs scrambled, runny yolks make the pail.
2. Not ordering avocado.
We bring in hundreds of fresh avocados every day. You don’t have to skip bacon or sausage, just make sure you add avocado. After all what’s a couple of points when it comes to pail perfection?
3. Adding Hollandaise sauce.
Check the specials board for the Eggs Benny. Whatever Hollandaise sauce is being used for that is usually available for a pail. Like the over easy egg, this stuff MAKES the pail.
We usually have a bottle in the back. While we don’t give out the whole bottle (security reasons) we’re more than willing to spice up your pail.
5. Not mixing from the bottom.
A pail is meant to be mixed. As Bob Marley sang, “Stir it Up” Eating from the bottom is the best way to get a little bit of every layer in every bite.
We know your pail is personal. Everyone has their own way. Tell us what’s in your pail. In the comments or tweet us @weswings
Turkey, basil, red onions, tomatoes and brie with honey mustard, grilled on focaccia. Served with chips.
Green Acres Wrap
Roasted chicken, spinach, diced tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese grilled in a wrap served with a choice of chips
Chicken Parmesan Grinder
Hand breaded chicken cutlet with marinara and melted mozzarella cheese on a grinder roll. comes with chips
Lean pastrami with Swiss cheese and Sauerkraut served with Russian dressing on grilled rye bread
Classic Roast Beef
Fresh Rare Roast beef on ciabatta w/ lettuce, tomato, Swiss cheese . Served with chips..
Curried Chicken Salad
White meat chicken mixed with curry, celery ,cranberries and light mayonnaise. Served in a wrap with lettuce and tomato or on a salad.
Homemade meatballs and marinara in a soft grinder roll with melted mozzarella cheese. Served with chips.
BBQ Pulled Pork wrap
Tender slow cooked pulled pork in a tangy BBQ sauce, with cheddar grilled in a wrap. with a bag of chips
Grilled Chicken Wrap
Grilled chicken breast, cheddar cheese and roasted red peppers in a wheat wrap. Served with your choice of chips or a deli salad.
Fresh Avocado Hummus
– Housemade hummus with fresh avocados in a wrap with lettuce, tomato, red onion and roasted red peppers. Served with your choice of salad or fries.$10.95
Mozzarella, Tomato & Spinach Grilled Cheese
– Grilled ciabatta bread with mozzarella cheese & tomato & sautéed spinach. Served with your choice of salad or fries. $11.95
Spicy Turkey Wrap
– Our turkey breast wrapped in a tortilla with cheddar cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, bacon with a chipolte mayo. Served with your choice of salad or fries. $10.95
Stuffed Pork Loin
– Sundried tomato stuffed pork loin with a potato gratin and Spring vegetables.
– Ricotta & sundried tomato stuffed salmon with potato gratin and Spring vegetables.$15.95
“And the Beet Goes On”…
– Fresh roasted red beets tossed with watercress, goat cheese, mandarin oranges and toasted almonds in a golden vinaigrette. Add chicken, seitan, falafel or tofu.$13.95
Curried Chicken Salad
– All white meat curried chicken salad with dried cranberries and lettuce in a tortilla wrap. Served with your choice of salad or fries. Or skip the bread and add to a garden salad!$10.95
– Ham, turkey and Swiss cheese between thick Texas toast, egg dipped and grilled golden brown with a side of syrup for dipping. Served with fries or small salad. $10.95
Fish & Chips
– Beer battered and fried flakey white cod fillets with a side of french fries and tartar sauce. $14.95
Chicken Cordon Bleu
– Panko crusted chicken breast topped with ham & Swiss cheese. Served with brown rice primavera, broccolini and a mushroom demi-glaze. $14.95
More than JUST a Salad!!
– Tender, marinated, hand -carved to order steak over baby greens with goat cheese, fire roasted vegetables, diced jicama all tossed with a house-made balsamic dressing & croutons! $14.95
UPDATE: Most people we talked to said they prefer to swim in outdoor pools during the summer. We checked and apparently we’re not open in the summer. Since there doesn’t seem to be as much interest in an outdoor skating rink, we’ve decided NOT to put in a pool. (I’ll save my “HOFF” costume for another time.)
Middletown planning and zoning approved the next phase for WesWings outside improvements. As many of you know, last summer’s patio installation was the first phase of our overall outside renovation. Last night’s meeting was one of the final hurdles we had to overcome to begin the installation of the in-ground pool. Unfortunately, plans for the outdoor stage area were rejected due to concerns over loud noise disturbing area residents. Along with additional landscaping, we will finally have the outdoor pool that Wesleyan has been lacking.
Of course none of this would have been possible without our generous contributors to our Kickstarter campaign.
While most people chose the $25 level – breakfast pail served while floating on a tube, seven people did buy the $500 level – name plated chaise lounge chair (reservation not incl.) There were no takers for the $2,500 level where you could have a bucket of wings (or seitan) served poolside by Ed or Karen in their Baywatch lifeguard gear.
So be sure to join us poolside next fall for our grand opening!
Karen & Ed
If you can’t make the trip to Trinity, WesWings will have the game on our TV. Grab a breakfast pail and a seat and watch our Cardinals go for perfection. Game starts Saturday @ 12:00 noon.
(Thank you @wesconnected for the pic)
This could well be the most surprising Music Monday of all- because we have no idea exactly what Lindsay has in store for us… her namesake having just created a controversy at Foxwoods not withstanding- this chanteuse has been compared to Portishead, early day Cowboy Junkies and Shania Twain by various campus musicologists- Molly Stern claims that Lindsay taught Miley Cyrus how to twerk in Summer Camp. So… anything can and probably will happen.
Come in for a panino and a fruit smoothie and leave with an indelible mark on your mind.
We continue the fave acoustic series on campus this week with an appearance by Molly Rocket & The Crooks. They’ll bring all their funk and attitude in an acoustic setting. Come have a panino and a fruit smoothie and still be able to dance in your seat!
6:00pm until 7:00pm