– Crispy, spicy ” Jalapeno” bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado and chipolte mayo in a wrap. Served with your choice of fries or salad.$12.95
Black Bean & Sweet Potato Veggie Burger
- A spicy black bean & sweet potato veggie burger in a wrap with fresh avocado and salsa. Served with your choice of small salad or fries. 11.95
– Turkey with melted Swiss cheese, granny smith apples and baby greens on a toasted bagel with honey mustard. Comes with a side of fries or small salad. 11.95
Penne a la Vodka
– Penne pasta tossed in a housemade pink vodka cream sauce with grilled chicken or seitan.$13.95 Comes with a side of bread… or go no topping for $10.95
Shiitake Rice Cake Salad
– Housemade shiitake rice cakes over an Asian vegetable slaw and topped with a sesame ginger dressing & wasabi peas. Add your choice grilled chicken, tofu, falafel or seitan.$13.95 Add shrimp for $15.95
Homemade meatballs and marinara in a soft grinder roll with melted mozzarella cheese. Served with chips.
BBQ Pulled Pork wrap
Tender slow cooked pulled pork in a tangy BBQ sauce, with cheddar grilled in a wrap. with a bag of chips
Tuna Melt Panino
Our apple cranberry tuna grilled on ciabatta bread with tomatoes and melted Swiss cheese.
– Cold shrimp salad seasoned with mayo, diced onion, celery on a roll. Served with your choice of salad or fries.$12.95
Portabella Mushroom Burger or on a Veggie Burger
– A marinated grilled portabella mushroom cap atop a burger or veggie burger with cheddar cheese and pesto mayo. Served with fries or a small salad. $10.95
– Assorted dips: Fresh black bean hummus, fresh roasted red pepper hummus and housemade guacamole. Served with pita wedges. $10.95
BBQ’d Pulled Pork Dinner
– Tender barbecued pulled pork served on a soft roll with a side of fries and cole slaw & corn bread. $13.95
– Salad greens and arugula tossed with olives, crusty croutons, asparagus tips, roasted grape tomatoes, shaved parmesan cheese, cucumber, basil, tossed in a red wine vinaigrette. Add your choice of chicken, seitan, falafel or tofu. $13.95
Chicken Parmesan Grinder
Hand breaded chicken cutlet with marinara and melted mozzarella cheese on a grinder roll. comes with chips
Beef and Goat Panino
Our own oven roast beef with red onion,roasted red peppers and goat cheese grilled on foccacia. comes with chips..
On Top of Old Smokey
Virginia baked ham with smoked gouda cheese, roasted red peppers and onions on grilled foccia bread with a side of honey mustard. Served with choice of chips,
UPDATE: Most people we talked to said they prefer to swim in outdoor pools during the summer. We checked and apparently we’re not open in the summer. Since there doesn’t seem to be as much interest in an outdoor skating rink, we’ve decided NOT to put in a pool. (I’ll save my “HOFF” costume for another time.)
Middletown planning and zoning approved the next phase for WesWings outside improvements. As many of you know, last summer’s patio installation was the first phase of our overall outside renovation. Last night’s meeting was one of the final hurdles we had to overcome to begin the installation of the in-ground pool. Unfortunately, plans for the outdoor stage area were rejected due to concerns over loud noise disturbing area residents. Along with additional landscaping, we will finally have the outdoor pool that Wesleyan has been lacking.
Of course none of this would have been possible without our generous contributors to our Kickstarter campaign.
While most people chose the $25 level – breakfast pail served while floating on a tube, seven people did buy the $500 level – name plated chaise lounge chair (reservation not incl.) There were no takers for the $2,500 level where you could have a bucket of wings (or seitan) served poolside by Ed or Karen in their Baywatch lifeguard gear.
So be sure to join us poolside next fall for our grand opening!
Karen & Ed
If you can’t make the trip to Trinity, WesWings will have the game on our TV. Grab a breakfast pail and a seat and watch our Cardinals go for perfection. Game starts Saturday @ 12:00 noon.
(Thank you @wesconnected for the pic)
This could well be the most surprising Music Monday of all- because we have no idea exactly what Lindsay has in store for us… her namesake having just created a controversy at Foxwoods not withstanding- this chanteuse has been compared to Portishead, early day Cowboy Junkies and Shania Twain by various campus musicologists- Molly Stern claims that Lindsay taught Miley Cyrus how to twerk in Summer Camp. So… anything can and probably will happen.
Come in for a panino and a fruit smoothie and leave with an indelible mark on your mind.
We continue the fave acoustic series on campus this week with an appearance by Molly Rocket & The Crooks. They’ll bring all their funk and attitude in an acoustic setting. Come have a panino and a fruit smoothie and still be able to dance in your seat!
6:00pm until 7:00pm
This is a very special edition of Music Monday for us folks at The Red & Black. Our own Rachel J Rosengard is back for her 3rd show!! Last year, she played with 2 different guys in duos- Alex Ginsberg and Brendan O’Donnell. Both guys refused to quit the band- so this time out they’ll do it as a trio.
Alex was supposed to send the trio picture- but has not.. so we posted a pic from Rachel’s recent foursome.
They’ll still be covering all your fave indie-pop tunes and Rachel will amaze you with her uke playing-
Come for dinner- stay for the cool.
Monday October 7th
45 Broad St
Music Monday at The Red & Black Cafe’ with Hom3e Avenue
Grand Cousin is the hot to trot rock act on the Wesleyan campus right now- even a dude from das racist tweeted their latest video- and people tell us that their live shows are amazing. This stripped down, acoustic version promises to be one of our craziest Music Mondays this year. “Camera” is a catchy tune with just the right amount of creepy built in- that’s what hooked us- now you should come get hooked too!!!
Come for dinner- have a fruit smoothie- rock on.
Monday September 30, 2013
Red & Black Café
45 Broad St