– A 6oz flame grilled burger or veggie burger with melted cheddar cheese and a spicy buffalo sauce served on a roll with our bleu cheese dressing and lettuce . Served with your choice of salad or fries.$11.95
– Breaded and fried ricotta filled ravioli topped with a light marinara sauce and fresh mozzarella cheese. Served with a side of bread.$12.95
Curried Chicken Salad
– All white meat curried chicken salad with dried cranberries and lettuce in a tortilla wrap. Served with your choice of salad or fries. Or skip the bread and add to a garden salad!$11.95
Black Bean & Sweet Potato Veggie Burger
– A spicy black bean & sweet potato veggie burger in a wrap with avocado and salsa. Served with your choice of fries or small house salad.$11.95
Spaghetti and Meatballs
– Spaghetti with meatballs in a housemade marinara sauce. Comes with a side of bread.$14.95
Chicken Tortilla Salad
– Salad greens with seasoned grilled chicken, fried seitan, falafel or tofu with kidney and black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, avocado, fried tortilla strips and cheddar cheese. Served with sour cream, salsa and ranch dressing. $14.95
– Turkey with avocado, roasted red peppers and brie cheese grilled on rosemary focaccia bread. Served with chips.
Egg Salad Sandwich
– Freshly made egg salad served with lettuce and tomato on toasted white bread . Served with chips
Fall Porkin’ Panino
– Slow roasted pok loin, swiss cheese, baked apples, and carmelized onions grilled on focacia. side of honey mustard. comes with chips.
Bacon-Egg- and CheeseBURGER!
– Best of both worlds: Bacon, Egg and cheese over a grilled 6 ounce burger on a soft roll. Served with your choice of fries or salad. Veggie Burger also available.$11.95
– Turkey breast with roasted red peppers, bacon, cheddar cheese & chipotle mayo, avocado in a wrap. Served with choice of fries or small salad.$11.95
Mamma Mia Meatball Grinder
– Home style meatballs in our own marinara sauce with melted provolone cheese in a soft grinder roll. Comes with fries or small salad.$11.95
Porcini Pork Tenderloin
– Porcini rubbed pork loin served with fennel, mashed sweet potatoes & fresh mixed vegetables.$14.95
Hawaiian Shrimp Salad
– Fried shrimp over crisp romaine lettuce and baby greens with grilled pineapple, dried coconut, spicy wasabi peas, candied walnuts, wonton noodles and mandarin oranges in an orange vinaigrette dressing.$14.95
Chicken Parmesan Grinder
– Hand breaded chicken cutlet with marinara and melted mozzarella cheese on a grinder roll. comes with chips
Smoke ‘em if Ya Got ‘em
– Sliced chicken, diced tomatoes, roasted red peppers and smoked gouda cheese grilled on a wrap. Served with chips. Add small soup or deli salad $2.
BBQ Pulled Pork wrap
– Tender slow cooked pulled pork in a tangy BBQ sauce, with cheddar grilled in a wrap. with a bag of chips
Jeff Roberts was recently re-hired as our chef at WesWings. Jeff had worked for us back in the 90s, during the early years of our empire. For the past sixteen years he has amassed a great deal of experience and culinary knowledge that he now brings back to us. Most recently, he was working at the upscale Bin 300 in Wolcott, CT.
While we will maintain many of our old favorites, look for new specials this semester, as Jeff looks to expand and enhance our offerings.
Tonight’s BBQ Chicken Special features corn on the cob from Treat Farm.
When I arrived this morning the farm staff wasn’t there today. But we have a pretty good relationship with the farm and we REALLY wanted to bring you fresh local corn so..
I picked 100 ears myself.
Good thing I have a pick-up
We noticed that some of you are having trouble adjusting to our new menu boards. As much as we enjoy watching the confused looks on your faces, the changes really are intended to simplify the process. Only a couple of items are gone, some have moved and overall your choices have increased.
Many sandwiches have been consolidated to the “Build Your Own Sandwich Board”
Items like the Falafel Wrap, Tender Sandwich, Seitan Sandwich or Hummuswich are now found here and can be customized the way you want.
The Grilled Chicken Sandwich now comes with your choice of wing sauce.
No longer limited to just Buffalo or Honey Ginger sauce, you can now have Medium Rochester if you choose.
Salads have more choices than ever. Continue reading
For almost a decade beginning in 2005, we have been contributing 1% of our gross sales from the Red & Black Cafe to support financial aid. Our 1% For Aid campaign has now just reached over $48,000. These funds have been restricted to financial aid and since 2009 we have specifically directed these funds to the Johannah Justin Jinich ’10 scholarship, (a cause dear to our hearts).
As we begin our 12th year in business, we appreciate all the support we’ve received from students and will continue to support you.
-Karen & Ed
Once again we are excited to feature locally grown produce from Treat Farm in Orange, CT.
Just a 1/2 mile down the road from owner, Ed Thorndike ’89, we are able to get farm fresh tomatoes, Zephyr squash, sweet corn and other vegetables.
Look for these veggies on your sandwiches and in your specials at both WesWings and Red & Black Cafe.
As small local businesses ourselves, we know the importance of supporting farms like Treat Farm
Ed stops by the farm every morning before work
Why spend 2 points or more every meal for your beverage? Our Mug Club is not only good for the environment, it’s good for your points balance. If you go to either location at least once every 10 days, then Mug Club is a no brainer. Regulars of both locations save hundreds of dollars during the school year. Only 250 mugs are available. Don’t wait!
Mug Club FAQ
What is it?
Purchase a reusable mug from either WesWings or Red & Black Café for free refills of soda and iced coffee every time you visit.
Can I use it at other campus locations?
Only WesWings and Red & Black Cafe.
How much is it? Continue reading