The Red & Black Cafe will be open regular hours during break. WesWings will be open according to the following schedule.
|Red & Black Café
– Grilled tender roast beef piled high on a grinder with cheddar, horseradish mayo& served with a side au jus for dipping. Comes with your choice of fries or salad.$12.95
Curried Chicken Salad
– All white meat curried chicken salad with dried cranberries and lettuce in a tortilla wrap. Served with your choice of salad or fries. Or skip the bread and add to a garden salad!$11.95
Tuna Bagel Melt
– Tuna on a toasted bagel with tomato and Swiss cheese. Served with your choice of salad or fries.$11.95
Black Bean & Sweet Potato Veggie Burger
– A spicy black bean & sweet potato veggie burger in a wrap with avocado and salsa. Served with your choice of fries or small house salad.$11.95
Risotto Con Carne
– Oven roasted top round simmered with wild mushrooms, honey glazed onions, fresh thyme in our Chef’s parmesan risotto and finished with a touch of white truffle oil. Served with a side of bread.$14.95
– Fresh spinach tossed with either grilled chicken or fried seitan, tofu or falafel, with hard boiled egg, bacon, grape tomatoes, red onion, garbanzo beans, crumbled gorgonzola cheese with ranch dressing. Comes with a side of bread.$14.95
TUESDAY Welcome Back!
Cavatelli Chicken & Broccoli
– Cavatelli pasta tossed with garlic & oil with fresh broccoli. Served with a side of garlic bread.
– Mixed salad greens topped with quinoa, grilled onions, grape tomatoes,grilled asparagus, shaved red onions, Feta cheese and your choice of grilled chicken, fried seitan, falafel or tofu tossed in a sherry vinaigrette.
Jeff Roberts was recently re-hired as our chef at WesWings. Jeff had worked for us back in the 90s, during the early years of our empire. For the past sixteen years he has amassed a great deal of experience and culinary knowledge that he now brings back to us. Most recently, he was working at the upscale Bin 300 in Wolcott, CT.
While we will maintain many of our old favorites, look for new specials this semester, as Jeff looks to expand and enhance our offerings.
Tonight’s BBQ Chicken Special features corn on the cob from Treat Farm.
When I arrived this morning the farm staff wasn’t there today. But we have a pretty good relationship with the farm and we REALLY wanted to bring you fresh local corn so..
I picked 100 ears myself.
Good thing I have a pick-up
We noticed that some of you are having trouble adjusting to our new menu boards. As much as we enjoy watching the confused looks on your faces, the changes really are intended to simplify the process. Only a couple of items are gone, some have moved and overall your choices have increased.
Many sandwiches have been consolidated to the “Build Your Own Sandwich Board”
Items like the Falafel Wrap, Tender Sandwich, Seitan Sandwich or Hummuswich are now found here and can be customized the way you want.
The Grilled Chicken Sandwich now comes with your choice of wing sauce.
No longer limited to just Buffalo or Honey Ginger sauce, you can now have Medium Rochester if you choose.
Salads have more choices than ever. Continue reading
For almost a decade beginning in 2005, we have been contributing 1% of our gross sales from the Red & Black Cafe to support financial aid. Our 1% For Aid campaign has now just reached over $48,000. These funds have been restricted to financial aid and since 2009 we have specifically directed these funds to the Johannah Justin Jinich ’10 scholarship, (a cause dear to our hearts).
As we begin our 12th year in business, we appreciate all the support we’ve received from students and will continue to support you.
-Karen & Ed
Once again we are excited to feature locally grown produce from Treat Farm in Orange, CT.
Just a 1/2 mile down the road from owner, Ed Thorndike ’89, we are able to get farm fresh tomatoes, Zephyr squash, sweet corn and other vegetables.
Look for these veggies on your sandwiches and in your specials at both WesWings and Red & Black Cafe.
As small local businesses ourselves, we know the importance of supporting farms like Treat Farm
Ed stops by the farm every morning before work
Why spend 2 points or more every meal for your beverage? Our Mug Club is not only good for the environment, it’s good for your points balance. If you go to either location at least once every 10 days, then Mug Club is a no brainer. Regulars of both locations save hundreds of dollars during the school year. Only 250 mugs are available. Don’t wait!
Mug Club FAQ
What is it?
Purchase a reusable mug from either WesWings or Red & Black Café for free refills of soda and iced coffee every time you visit.
Can I use it at other campus locations?
Only WesWings and Red & Black Cafe.
How much is it? Continue reading
From all of us at WesWings and the Red & Black Cafe, have a safe and fun summer. We are taking a much needed break and will return in late August. Looking forward to seeing you in the fall, meeting the class of 2018 and will forever be missing the class of 2014.